If you’ve been keeping up with my blog (I know it can be difficult with so many blogs to follow and so many emails coming into your in box daily and all of the other things you want to fit into a day), you might have seen my recent, but belated, post about Mark Sisson’s latest cookbook, Primal Blueprint Healthy Sauces, Dressings & Toppings, with a list of my favorite recipes so far. I’m going to post one of the recipes below (scroll down to find it) and give you a chance to win your own copy of this book. You can enter as many times as you like to increase the odds of winning.
What I liked about the book
I liked the size of the book, the fact that every recipe had a full color, full page photo accompanying it, that the recipes had nutrition breakdowns (if you’re working to reduce your body fat, you can cut back on the fat or oil in some recipes to suit your energy needs), that recipes, at least the ones I tried, were quick and easy to assemble, and that there were so many options presented (120 recipe in all!).
Here’s how to enter for a chance (or many chances) to win this book.
Rules for entering
1) Leave a comment below telling me what your favorite gluten-free, dairy-free sauce, dressing, dip, or marinade is or something you’d like to make with paleo or primal ingredients, even if you’re not sure how to make the recipe over yourself.
To receive bonus entries, spread the word about my blog and this giveaway:
Select as many of the following actions as you like.
2) Watch one of my YouTube videos and leave a comment about it below
3) Subscribe to my YouTube channel and leave a comment about that below
4) Subscribe to my blog (upper left side of this page) and leave a comment telling me you subscribed
5) Subscribe to my monthly e-newsletter(link on the upper left side of this page) and leave a comment telling me you subscribed
6) Follow The Healthy Cooking Coach on Facebook
7) Publicize the giveaway, then leave a comment about what you did, e.g, tell me what you did
a) Tweet about the giveaway with a link to my blog
b) Blog about the giveaway and leave the link
c) Announce the giveaway on Facebook and send me a link
d) Mention the giveaway to your family and friends
e) Come up with your own creative idea
8) Do any or all of the above AND post a separate comment for each action you take
Deadline: Midnight, Tuesday, May 24th, 2016. Selection criteria: Random drawing Limitations: Drawing open only to US residents due to shipping restrictions.
Limitations: Drawing open only to US residents due to shipping restrictions.
Note: Stephanie Lewis of Montrose, West Virginia, won the recent Rich Food, Poor Food book giveaway.
Yield: 1 cup Time in the kitchen: 10 minutes Serves: 8
Especially good over salads made from chopped chicken, tomatoes, and cucumbers (very Mediterranean), this dressing also makes a great dip for raw veggies.
Chef Rachel’s notes: I also like this over blanched vegetables and main dish salads with chicken or white meat fish.
1/4 cup sesame tahini (do not use sesame butter)
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped or pressed
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (I use Celtic, Lima, Himalayan, or Redmond Real Salt)
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley (I doubled it)
1/4 cup finely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
1. In a small bowl, whisk together tahini and water then whisk in oil and lemon juice.
2. Whisk in remaining ingredients.
Note: If you want, you can mix tahini through sea salt in a blender or Vita-Mix, then stir the parsley and olives in by hand.