A few days ago I told you about Stacy Toth and Matthew McCarry’s new cookbook, Beyond Bacon: Paleo Recipes That Respect The Whole Hog by (Victory Belt Publishing 2013) and how impressed I was with the book. Today I’m posting one of the recipes from the book and giving you a chance to enter to win a copy of the book.
Remember you can enter as many times as you like and the more times you enter the better your chance of winning. Here’s all you have to do:
Rules for entering
1) Leave a comment below telling me about your favorite pork dish or what interests you most about Beyond Bacon: Paleo Recipes That Respect The Whole Hog.
To receive bonus entries, spread the word about my blog and this giveaway:
Select as many of the following actions as you like.
2) Watch one of my YouTube videos and leave a comment about it below
3) Subscribe to my YouTube channel and leave a comment about that below
4) Subscribe to my blog (upper left side of this page) and leave a comment telling me you subscribed
5) Subscribe to my monthly e-newsletter (if you haven’t already) using the link on the upper left side of this page
6) Follow my Healthy Cooking Coach Facebook page
7) Publicize the giveaway, then leave a comment about what you did, e.g.,
a) Tweet about the giveaway with a link to my blog
b) blog about the giveaway and leave the link
c) announce the giveaway on Facebook and send me a link
d) mention the giveaway to your family and friends
e) come up with your own creative idea
8) Do any or all of the above AND post a separate comment for each action you take
Deadline: Midnight, Friday, December 29, 2017.
Selection criteria: Random drawing
Note: Available only to U.S. residents.
The winners of the last drawing, for Elana Amsterdam’s Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry are Nicole Thomas of Scottsdale, AZ and Laura, M. of Phoenix, AZ. You could be the next winner!
This recipe was inspired by the authors’ honeymoon vow renewal and trip to a bed and breakfast in Lovettsville, Virginia. While they were there, they had a fantastic breakfast that included a German anise-flavored pork sausage. Stacy LOVED it. Her husband promised her they would recreate the delicious breakfast treat when they got home. They finally figured it out and they hope you really enjoy it! If you have casings, feel free to use this to fill them, but they work just as well loose.
I made the sausage loose to use as a topping for the caramelized onion and olive Focaccia on the right. The crust is made from Chebe, a gluten-free, grain-free tapioca/cassave-based baking mix.
1/4 C ice water
1 Tbsp whole anise seeds
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 lb. ground pork (pasture raised or at least organic or locally grown and hormone/antibiotic-free)
The US Wellness Meats pork is INSANELY GOOD – lots of great pastured fat
Any step marked with an asterisk (*) is a step your little licorice lover (child) can assist with. If you like the sweet and salty of bacon, we think you’ll love this unsweetened-but-sweet sugar-free sausage! This will certainly become a staple for our morning breakfasts!
Note: If you’re not already subscribed to this blog, doing so (button on the upper left side of this page) will ensure that you receive notification when I announce the giveaway of this and other books and products I find and like.